Reserve and Renew is the LIS Mental Health zine, exploring the intersection of mental health, mental illness, and the library and archives community.
Find ordering information for issues 1-4 of Reserve and Renew at this page.
About the zine
Reserve and Renew is a collaborative zine, featuring submissions from people around the world. Contributions are welcome from anyone involved in “big tent” librarianship, archives, or museums, including those who work or volunteer in a library or archive or museum (currently or formerly), those working towards an LIS degree, or anyone otherwise involved in library or GLAM-related work. Anonymous contributions are welcomed. Contributions will be published under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license (CC BY-NC 4.0).
Submissions have included:
- personal narratives
- creative writing and poetry
- visual arts (drawing, painting, photography, collage, comics, digital art, photographs of embroidery, etc.)
- encouraging thoughts
- tips for coping and radical self-care practices
- consideration of the effects of capitalism and oppression on mental health
- calls for changes in how we think about mental health & wellness
We request a $5 donation for each copy of the zine. All profits are donated to Mental Health First Aid, a public education program that aims to help communities understand mental illnesses, seek timely intervention, and save lives.
The Reserve and Renew editorial team consists of Nicole Gustavsen, Abigail Phillips, Liz Chenevey, Annie Pho, Kate Deibel, Kelly McElroy, and Violet Fox.